Principal Scientist - Lab Manager
Job posted by The Wellington Group on 07/02/2012.
The Wellington Group has been engaged to find an experienced Biology Lab Manager and Research Scientist to direct programs for the biological evaluation and screening of compounds and materials for the discovery of new animal health drug products. You will work with internal programs, client/customer needs and with third-party vendors and partners across the animal health industry.
The Biology Lab Manager will coordinate the operations of a biological screening platform, including ex vivo and in vivo organism-based testing, for biological assessment of analogs from lead generation, hit-to-lead, and lead optimization programs. You will also manage the high-throughput screening, HTS, operations and innovations for the organization, its customers and industry partners.
• Identifies and coordinates development and implementation of assays using the appropriate format or technology as required
• Critically assesses, analyzes, compares, and interprets biological testing data on potency, pharmacology, ADME properties, and safety, to provide program direction
• Identify assays to address project- and client-driven biological testing needs
• Integrate and analyze the data obtained from these assays to support, in conjunction with other company departments, the hit identification and lead optimization process for new discovery, pre-clinical and clinical drug candidates
• Manage internal and external resources to meet team and company goals
• Protect the company's freedom to operate safely, innovation, intellectual property, and trade secrets
The qualified candidate will have:
• MS, DVM or PhD or equivalent experience in a field of biology relevant to biological testing for drug discovery, preferably with a focus in parasitology
• 8 + years experience in a leadership role in drug discovery in the animal health industry
• Proven track record in the design, implementation, and management of multidisciplinary research programs to identify and evaluate preclinical drug candidates
• Understanding, experience and a proven track record in biological testing of drugs, including HTS and advanced testing for potency, pharmacology, DMPK, and safety
• Coordinates department budget with senior management to include forecasting, capital expenditures and cost / expense management
• Ability to communicate with a multi-disciplinary team, company management and external customers and service providers.
• Effective writing skills to communicate scientific findings and administrative processes
• Ability to develop and present research proposals to internal and external customers in order to address program goals and objectives
Industry: HTS, High-Throughput Screening, Parasitologist, endoparasites, in vitro, ex vivo, animal health, bioassays, discovery, research, drug development, DMPK
Job Code: 359-57-MH2322
Location: North Carolina
Apply directly to: http://www.maxhire.net/cp/?E5586C361D43515B7D52182B77571B63482B78
Don't wait, apply with The Wellington Group today!
(all information will be held in the strictest of confidence)
The Wellington Group ( http://www.twgrecruiters.com ) 910-338-2795